Thursday, April 16, 2009

Survival Turkish

The team received an email from the couple that lives in Turkey. Included in their email was an information sheet with some Turkish phrases. Since I want each of my supporters to feel as connected as possible, I thought I'd share some of my Turkish knowledge with you! Ready? First lets do something easy. We'll begin with numbers:

  • Zero – Sifir
  • One – Bir
  • Two – İki
  • Three – Üç
  • Four – Dört
  • Five – Beş
  • Six – Alti
  • Seven – Yedi
  • Eight – Sekiz
  • Nine – Dokuz
  • Ten - On
Do you feel educated? Just wait until you try these next phrases!
  • Hello – Merhaba
  • Thank you – Teşekkürler
  • How are you? – Nasıl sınıs?
  • I’m good. – İyiyim.
  • Where is the toilet? – Tuvalet nerede?
  • Welcome – Hoş geldiniz

Now for the real reason we're going:

  • God – Allah
  • Jesus – İsa
  • God bless you – Allah bereketlisin
  • God willing – İnshallah
  • Praise God – Hamd Olsun
  • Come Lord Jesus – Gel Rob İsa
  • Come Holy Spirit – Gel Kutsal Ruh
  • Fire - Ateş
I hope you have enjoyed this lesson. :) I'm praying that the Lord will give me supernatural abilities of fluency in this language! Otherwise, now you know as much as I do! Lots of Love To Ya!!

1 comments:

Terri said...

KRISTIN!!! Is this your official blog? Or, is wordpress your official blog? Yay!