Dearest Family and Friends,
It hasn’t been long since I came back from my amazing trip to Turkey. As you know from my previous updates, God truly molded my heart differently and in a greater way than expected. Since that time, God has continually been refining my character and revealing to me who He has created me to be. As I mentioned during my preparations for Turkey, God has been creating in me a deep desperation to bring His healing power to the nations through worship. With great enthusiasm I share with you yet another amazing opportunity God has allowed me to take advantage of. I will be a part of a mission team through New Life Providence Church to the country of Guatemala! Our team is scheduled to be in Guatemala from Saturday, February 27, 2010 – Saturday, March 6, 2010.
While we are in Guatemala, we will be visiting multiple orphanages and teaching the kids how to create a lifestyle of worship. The previous New Life team already laid foundational aspects of this very idea. We are going back with the expectation that God will use us to deepen the work He began during the last trip. In addition to teaching, there will be lots of playful times spent with the kids and possibly some outreaches and ministry opportunities with local churches. My hearts desire is to be a tangible example of God’s love for these children. I’ve never been to Guatemala, and never known anyone I will meet while we’re there, and yet I love them already. I believe God is opening my heart to receive an overflowing amount of love directly from His heart to pour into the people we will encounter.
Our team will be very busy, as our trip is just around the corner, learning about Guatemala and preparing for our ministry time there. I would like to invite you to be part of our team! We need people who will pray for us as we prepare and while we are on the field. We also need people who can partner with us financially. It will cost approximately $1,500.00 for me to go to Guatemala.
Would you pray about being a part of my support team? All financial contributions are tax-deductible. Checks should be made payable to New Life Ministries International (NLMI – Dept. of Missions, 1244 Thompkins Lane, Virginia Beach, VA 23464) and the envelope (not the check) should be clearly designated with both the trip name and my name. You may include the country/trip name on the memo line of your check but please do not include my name. If the check is designated with my name, according to IRS regulations, you will not be able to use it as a tax deduction. Also, you may make an online contribution through our website at http://newlife.cc/. Because we have to meet deadlines for airfare deposits and other arrangements, I need to have adequate financial support raised as soon as possible.
And if you are interested in being part of my personal prayer support team, please email me or give me a call. We plan to keep our prayer team regularly updated with prayer requests and praise reports. Thank you for praying about being part of our team in any way possible!
With lots of love,
New Life Contribution Policy: “Contributions to short-term mission trips are tax-deductible; however, in accordance with IRS regulations, these designated offerings are subject to the governing board’s control and discretion. When contributions for a particular individual exceed trip expenses, the governing board may redirect contributions to other mission team expenses or to another activity within the missions department.”
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Where to next?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment