Thank you for your patience in waiting for my update as our team has been finalizing decision regarding our trip.
I’ve been waiting for our first team meeting to provide you all with more information on the specifics of our time in Guatemala. Rather than give you trip details, I have other news to share with each of you. Our Guatemala trip has been postponed to later this summer, probably around late July or sometime in August.
There are several reasons for the rescheduling: 1. NLMI requires at least 5 people to make a trip happen and there were not enough people signed up for this trip yet. 2. With the amount of work, orphans, and energy required for the trip to Guatemala, a small number of people would not do the children any justice. The team last year had 18 members and from what I’m told, they had their hands full! 3. Because advertisement for the trip and support raising all fell so close to Christmas, and only 2 months before the trip, our leaders feel that if people were given more time to plan and prepare, that the number of team members would increase. 4. The trip requires people w/ skills in singing/music/art/ and dance and unfortunately at this point, we don’t have each of those components on our team. 5. One of our team leaders, Eunice, would only be able to stay with us until 1/2 way through the trip due to other ministry responsibilities; rescheduling would allow her to be a part of the whole experience.
As soon as I received this news, I knew in my heart that I was still called to this trip. Moments after I discussed these changes with Tina, our team leader, I went into a worship service. There was a Kim Walker song playing, which was already a favorite of mine, yet God spoke loud and clear to me through lyrics in the song. “No turning back, I’ve made up my mind. I’m giving all of my life this time.”
I felt God’s heart for me as those lyrics were repeated. He’s made up His mind to send me to Guatemala, and I’ve made up my mind to give Him my whole life. The Lord distinctly placed a burden on my heart for these Guatemalan orphans, and I fully trust His faithfulness in bringing me to them!
The main thing I want you to remember is that the trip is NOT CANCELLED... just rescheduled for later this year. We just want the opportunity to be made available for more members to join our team AND we want it to be the best possible ministry TO THE ORPHANS!
God overwhelmed me yet again with His faithfulness and has provided amazing financial support in an extremely small period of time. I promptly sent out my support letters during the week of Christmas. In 5 short weeks, the Lord has provided $1,050.00 towards my $1,500.00 balance owed for this trip; leaving only $450.00 to raise between now and the summer time. HOW AMAZING IS OUR LORD?!
While in my deciding process I assumed this trip was out of reach since money needed to be raised in such a short period of time from when the trip was introduced. Yet as soon as God spoke Guatemala to my heart and spirit, He made sure I knew HE was the one providing!
At our Sunday morning service, Pastor Dan showed a small video of the disaster areas in Haiti. Several pictures showed young children in the midst of the tragedy. As tears filled my eyes, the Lord comforted me by whispering that I’ll be able to hug and comfort the orphans in Guatemala and spread His loving heart to them.
Thank you deeply to everyone who has sent their support both with prayers and finances. I feel your prayers and God’s riches are being stored up for those orphans!
Please continue to pray for the team God is building and for the lives He wants to affect in Guatemala. I will keep you updated as we receive more information on our trip!
Love lots of love,

Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Destination: Guatemala! January Update
Posted by kristinadair at 4:44 PM
Labels: Jesus and wonderful things :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment