Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Perfect Spot

I’d like to share a wonderful story from an experience I had last night, so here it is!

Once upon a time…

I live in an apartment with 3 other girls, and we all have our own cars with which to park within 2 spaces provided in the back of our building. Originally, I and one of my other roommates were parking in the back permanently. The other 2 roommate whomever they may be are left to find a parking space somewhere on the street.

The 4 of us decided that we were going to rotate parking each month so that everyone gets fair usage of the spaces provided. Now, I will tell you that I am mentally, and 99% of the time physically incapable of parallel parking. Therefore, you can assume I was a bit hesitant to give up my parking space since I have no other option but to do that which I can not!

Yet, I chose to compromise and try to make it work. Well, last night was the first night I was sentenced to the street. I was texting my fellow curb hugger roommate to check and see if it was hard for her to find a spot when she got home. Surprisingly, she said it wasn’t that hard. This encouraged me. We mentioned that we would pray about the months we have to be on the street, that God would have favor on us.

As I’m driving home I start declaring that God will give me a parking spot. But then I began to feel selfish by asking that and decided to change my attitude. Instead, I started praying that God would give me the supernatural ability to parallel park so that this wouldn’t be such an issue for me. Still at the end I snuck in a little, “but if you could give me a perfect spot that’d be great! Amen.”

I drive onto my street around 10PM. The cars are usually lined up so I was expecting to have to search for a few minutes for a spot. With in a few inches of being on my street I see a spot where I am pretty sure I could fit into, but something in me felt to try a little closer to my apartment. I figured I would have to turn around and that I would end up in that spot anyways so I was actively praying that God would save that spot for me. Then, as I’m nearing the end of the street and the front of my apartment, I see what can only be thought of as an illusion. There is a parking spot directly in front of my apartment building right before the drive way making it PERFECT to drive right into without one bit of hassle. I thought to myself, “Wait, this can’t be real. Am I really allowed to park here?” But sure enough, it was the PERFECT PARKING SPOT just like I had prayed for minutes earlier.

Once my car was in park I burst into laughter at the awesomeness of God and His love for me! I couldn’t fully grasp the greatness of what He did for me in that moment, but I can tell you that the joy of the Lord was spilling out of me like a gushing waterfall!

… The end!


0 comments: